Brenda Garrison is an author and speaker who empowers women with the confidence to live their calling. Whether you’re a mom, working woman, single, or married, Brenda will help you:
- Bypass excuses and take the next step toward your calling.
- Break the urge to constantly please others.
- Enjoy drama-free, satisfying friendships.
- Regain order and peace in your home.
- Experience peace and confidence knowing you have God’s undivided attention.
The Latest Word from Brenda:
It’s Day Two–What Now?
04/08/2014 10:52 AM
It’s Day Two after the retreat I spoke at for the Family Church in Sutherlin, OR. I had a fabulous time, and from what the women shared with me, they did too. In the couple of days they were away from their regular lives they were able to hear more clearly from God. He spoke into their aching hearts truth, courage, wisdom, and what to do next. They were refreshed and looked forward to living the truths God showed them.
For me yesterday, Monday, was a day of catch up. Still kinda numb from fatigue, but doing what needed to be done. But today, Tuesday, the second day after the retreat, I got up and found the old ways trying to creep in and push out the new truths I intended to make my new reality. I wonder if some of the Family Church women experienced the same thing. The emotions have settled. We are back in the dailiness of life. Today is the day we will make the decision to keep living what we learned or we will let it slip away and be only a warm, fuzzy memory.
I’m choosing live the truths we learned. This morning in my journal I made a list of the truths we learned. I meditated on them and the corresponding Scripture. Here are a few truths we learned and a few God brought to mind this morning:
- Life is always going to be crazy, frustrating, and hard. It’s just that way.*
- God loves me. I can rely on that. 1 John 4:16
- God’s love means He does His best for me, which is my best.
- God is not holding out on me. Psalm 84:11
- God’s timing is perfect.
- “for apart from Me you can do nothing.” Jesus’ reminder to me in John 15:5. It’s back to abiding. That’s where we really live and make a difference in our world and for the kingdom.
- By abiding and living in Him I will have Christ’s joy to the full measure. John 15:11.
- God and Jesus are always working in my life, even when I can’t see it and circumstances say otherwise. John 5:17
These truths are powerful for all of us—yes, even for those who were not at the retreat.
How will you live on Day Two? Will you settle back into the same routine? Or will you choose even one of these truths to meditate on and believe?
For those who were not at the retreat—what truth has God impacted you with lately or from a past conference and you haven’t made it part of your life yet? It’s Day Two what will you do with that truth today?
I’d love to hear what truth God spoke to you either last weekend or any other time that you will incorporate into your life today.
Life is going to be crazy, frustrating, and hard. It's just that way.
Click To Tweet
God is always working in my life, even when circumstances say otherwise. John 5:17
Click To Tweet
*Tim Thompson, Worship Director, Sherwood Oaks Christian Church, Bloomington, IN.
Continue to Brenda's Blog